French printing software company Caldera has announced the release of the latest update of its market-leading RIP software, CalderaRIP Version 14.1. The update brings a range of new features, enhancements and bug fixes, thus continuing to expand the award-winning software’s user experience.
Arnaud Fabre, Product Manager at Caldera, says: “I am thrilled that while going out of the sanitary crisis, we were able to develop long time asked features, which are now available for CalderaCare users, as well as some improvements that are available for all customers based on their feedbacks.”
New Features for CalderaCare
This new CalderaRIP update comes with several new features to ease the user experience on various applications:
- The Preview feature makes job verification and production management a lot easier. Within the Caldera Spooler and CalderaJobs, users can open a preview in full screen and zoom in to easily identify the jobs inside the nest and check the marks before printing in order to avoid unwanted errors and waste.
- The White Under Marks feature has been designed to improve cutting accuracy on all types of non-white media. When printing on dark, transparent or metallic substrates, and if white ink is available on the printer, it is now possible to add white ink under and around the cutting marks and codes to improve the cutter detection.
- Extended settings have been added to our TileOrder feature in order to ease the production process of large-format projects such as vehicle covering. When creating a poster or another project within the Tiling+ module, you can now select to start from bottom-right for more flexibility and to help save valuable time on-site.
- To further expand fashion and home décor printing possibilities, and in addition to the 2310 colors already available, Caldera now includes 315 new Pantone FHI Spot Colors references to aid visualization and enhance color reproduction.
- Smart Import is an automation feature first released in CalderaRIP Version 14, which can automatically extract meta-data from the filename, such as the number of copies, targeted printer or presets in order to speed up job submission of traditional file-based workflows. With Smart Import in Compose, you can easily drag and drop jobs in Compose and it will automatically load the correct number of copies in your manual composition to reduce manual errors and speed up daily operations.
These 5 features will be available for users with an ongoing subscription to CalderaCare, Caldera’s premium Support and Maintenance contract. Visit the CalderaCare webpage for more information.
New improvements and bug fixes
Alongside new CalderaCare features, this new CalderaRIP V14.1 Update includes several improvements to ease the printing and cutting processes.
First, for print shops who have invested in the latest HP Latex 700W & 800W models, CalderaRIP now supports white color bars besides CMYK and light inks. Color bars can be placed on either side of the job to prevent production downtimes due to clogged printheads.
Furthermore, CalderaJobs can now be used as a default view for print operators whose role is to check and print the jobs. Instead of using the Caldera Spooler, they can now work directly from CalderaJobs and benefit from an improved user interface to easily find, archive, delete or print jobs.
Regarding cutting improvements, a new Zünd Cut Center 3 (ZCC) driver has been developed which allows users to associate cut contour and methods independently for each media. Moreover, several cutter drivers from Mutoh, GCC, Graphtec or Summa have been improved. The complete list of improvements and bug fixes is available on Caldera WorkSpace and Caldera HelpDesk for more details and information.
New updates and drivers are available for download on Caldera WorkSpace.