In the printing industry, one of the most common difficulties is to reliable assess colors on a classic monitor. Even if the monitor is perfectly calibrated, the ambient light and the viewer‘s perception have a direct impact on the displayed colors.
Caldera’s ColorViewer is a unique softproofing device that allows color approval and control thanks to 4 essential elements which are taken into account: the monitor light, the normalized lighting of the box, the ambient light and the observer orientation.
What Does ColorViewer do:
- Approve: Compare the colors of your RIP prediction (softproofing file) to the original file created by the designer or to your original sample (real object). This procedure should be done before printing in order to verify that the original colors will match the printed colors.
- Control: Verify the quality of your final prints by comparing them to the original file or sample.
Why use ColorViewer:
- It allows a gain of time and resources since there is no need to print a physical proof
- The proofing process becomes faster and homogeneous alongside the different production sites.
- Exchanges about color accuracy can be done remotely.
- Users can be reassured about the results thanks to a Fogra-certified system.
What's in the package:
The ColorViewer solution is sold as a package including:
- ColorViewer Hardware: normalized light box and calibrated monitor
- ColorViewer Software: with user-friendly interface and dedicated modules such as the observer orientation measurement.
- ColorViewer Driver: allows the installation of ColorViewer in the RIP.
- i1Pro2: required to keep the monitor calibrated.
- Windows License
Videos about ColorViewer:
What is ColorViewer?